Thursday, May 14, 2009

Universal Truths for Universal Questions


It seems to me God has set some questions in the heart of every human that they eventually ask:

Who am I?
Where did I come from?
Why am I here?
Where am I going?
How do I get there?

Answering these questions is at the core business of living life. These questions cannot be answered simply by observing the marvels of nature and the material world. You could deduce from creation that we are here by design, but why? What is our purpose? Does our life have meaning beyond the moment or is it ultimately meaningless because it has no purpose beyond being a biological machine that exists and responds to stimuli? Does it matter how I live my life because I will some day give an account? If there is no final justice, what does it matter how life is lived? God set these questions in our hearts and blessedly, He does not leave us hanging as to how to the answer them. God gives us the answers to these questions in His written communications to us (the Bible). God lovingly provides us with the universal truths that answer these universal questions as a starting point so we can then intelligently and accurately interpret the particulars of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment